Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Working out with Minerva

I finally got over to Curves to resume workouts. I was disheartened when I got on the scale and saw that I'd backslid almost to where I was at this time last year. But then, for the last 7 months, I haven't been doing ANYTHING.

But getting back into the rhythm of the workout, losing yourself in the counting and breathing. I'd forgotten what an interesting meditative space that is. I almost get upset when people try to talk to me while I'm working out, because I'm really existing outside of the workout, listening between the heart beats.

And this time around, I felt invigorated. I felt liberated. I felt like I was fighting the enemy army. I felt inspired. I felt MOTIVATED.

Is that what Minerva's been trying to relay to me? A swift kick in the ass? As I attacked each machine, I felt like I had a platoon of soldiers behind me, lending me strength. And as I conquered each one (egads, the SQUAT MACHINE SUCKS!), it was as if a mighty "HUZZAH" was raised in my honour.

I've also been motivated over the past week to start getting things in order so that I can save for my new house. And to get into those crafts that I've been putting aside for the past few months. And getting homeworks caught up. And noted typed in. And organizing my BOS.

And I feel like I'm really learning lessons from all these things. Not to slack off. Not to let the lazy side of myself carry me into complacency. Not to let people step all over me. Not to let work get in the way of living my life.

To be in those spaces between the breaths and heartbeats was a really good feeling. I could almost hear the rattle of her armor and the call of her owl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home